1. Only three customers remained in the bar.
2. I’ll be here for good this time.
3. Please keep the fire burning when I’m out.
4. “Wait, he is serious.”
5. “Now, Clara, be firm with the boy!”
The traveller in the south must often have remarked that peculair of refinement, that softness of voice and manner, which seems in many cases to be a particular gift to the quotation and mulatto women.
” …on one sunshiny morning in June , …”
When he might well have acted with boldness, he found himself filled with doubts,scrulples and equivocality , in addition to the ordinary fears of a lower.
“George, I’m ashamed of you! George, I couldn’t have believed you would have done it! I always knew you to be a rolling stone that gathered no moss; but I never thought you would have taken away what little moss there was for Bagnet and the children to lie upon,” said Mrs. Bagnet.
It is quite useless to ask whether Vanderbilt was criminally prosecuted or civilly sued by the Government. Not only was he unmolested, but two years later, he carried on another huge swindle upon the Government under peculiary heinous conditi.
A new dignity crept into his walk.
1. When he saw me, he was startled.
2. “When your gals takes on and cry, what’s the use of cracking on them over the head, and knocking on them round?”
“Why, Eva, your room is full now.”
2. “Well, that’s odd!” said Marie. “What in the world do you want that for?”
His delegation agreed with the Executive Director/ that the fund should continue working/ for a better understanding of the interrelatihip between economic, social and demographic factors.
来源 : 沪江英语