10 Things You Should Never Say to a Translator
选自My Life In Translation 博客
- I know a relative who studied abroad for a semester. I’m going to ask him to translate this text.
- Why study to become a translator when you can just use Google Translate?
- I studied *insert language here* in high school and I would like to work as a translator.
- Why do you own so many dictionaries? Wasn’t one enough?
- Does it really take so long to translate that? The text isn’t long at all!
- You only know three languages?
- Why don’t (or didn’t) you study *insert language name here*?
- So, you do translations from home? Is that a job?
- So, you’re a translator… you do simultaneous translation, right?
- What does *insert word without context here* mean? You’re a translator, you should know it!
- *** 这个词是什么意思？译员都该懂吧！